International Student Admissions
We would like to thank all prospective international students for their interest in Salem State University. For more information, please visit our undergraduate and graduate webpages to learn more about academic programs, admissions requirements and the application process. If you have questions about the admissions process you can email the relevant admissions office.
If you are planning to transfer to Salem State University from another college or university in the United States, you must follow the procedure outlined below.
- Apply to the program in which you wish to enroll at Salem State.
- Upon acceptance to Salem State and admission to the program of your choice, notify your current school that you plan to transfer to Salem State University.
- Download the transfer verification form [PDF[ from the Salem State website (salemstate.edu/cie - Forms).
- Fill out the top portion of the transfer verification form and sign it.
- Ask the international student advisor at your current school to complete the lower portion of the transfer verification form. Fax the completed transfer verification form to the Center for International Education at 978.542.7104 or email it as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: If you have completed college or university-level coursework in another country, those transcripts must be evaluated by a professional evaluation service. Companies that provide this service include the following: The Center for Educational Documentation, North American Educational Group and World Education Services. If you have attended a college or university in the United States, transcript(s) of your courses at each must also be submitted.