ReadmitStudents who previously attended Salem State University as a degree seeking candidate, regardless of attending another institution subsequently, are considered a readmit.
Readmit applications are now available for the Spring 2017 semester, click here. Spring 2017 readmit applications are due on Friday, January 13. Summer 2017 readmit applications are due on July 10.
Please note: The review process will not begin until early October and formal decision letters will be mailed two to three weeks. When planning to readmit to Salem State University, please plan accordingly to allow proper time to undergo the application process.
1. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing of your readmit application, however incomplete applications may take longer. Applicants will be notified by traditional mail and their official Salem State University email account with regard to their readmit status.
2. All student who are readmitted will be responsible for completing the most current curriculum requirements.
3. If you left Salem State University as an evening student, please call our office at 978.542.7049 for directions on returning.
4. If you are looking to get your second degree from Salem State, please go to the admissions page, apply online as a transfer, and use Salem State University as your other institution.
5. If you left Salem State University in academic difficulty, you may want to consider fresh start. We encourage students to meet with an academic advisor prior to submitting an application.
6. If you include a personal statement with your application, please ensure that your statement is typed, not handwritten.
If you have any questions regarding the readmit process, or need further assistance, please contact the advising office at 978.542.7049.
Please make sure your 2016-2017 FAFSA is completed prior to classes starting. For more information about priority deadlines, please contact financial aid at 978.542.7051.