Honors Program courses are indicated on the student's official transcript, along with the designation Commonwealth Honors Scholar upon completion of the program.
- Honors Program students may take up to 22 credits each semester as part of their regular tuition.
- Honors Program students may enter advanced-level courses without introductory level prerequisites, with permission from the appropriate chairperson and/or instructor.
- Honors Program students have priority in course selection at registration.
- Honors Program students have the option of a quiet study lounge complete with a computer, free printing and snacks.
- Honors Program students can receive up to four years of housing in selected dorms if living with other program students.
The Presidential Scholars Program awards outstanding scholars direct grants regardless of financial need. The grant is $1,000 and is renewable for four years.
The Salem State Foundation Honors Scholarship awards a renewable scholarship of $500 to current students who join the program.
The Honors Program Advisory Committee grants funding up to $500 per year for students to pursue research, study abroad or graduate coursework.
The Senator Paul E. Tsongas Scholarship is a full waiver of tuition and fees awarded to twenty students from Massachusetts who are distinguished in terms of class rank, high school GPA and scores on the SAT and AP exams.