Mission Statement and Vision
Salem State's mission is to provide a high quality, student-centered education that prepares a diverse community of learners to contribute responsibly and creatively to a global society, and serve as a resource to advance the region's cultural, social and economic development.
Salem State University will be a premier teaching university that engages students in an inspiring transformational educational experience.
- We put students first in all that we do and are committed to their success.
- We are a community of learners where all faculty, staff and students have the opportunity to grow as individuals.
- We are innovators, offering a unique brand of public higher education that inspires students to reach higher and achieve more.
- We remain true to our heritage as a liberal arts university while we prepare students for today’s workforce.
- We serve the communities of the North Shore while we create an ever more globally aware and culturally diverse campus environment.