Alcohol and Drug Resources
Are you concerned about your own or someone else's use of alcohol or drugs?
You can make an appointment to speak with a counselor by calling 978.542.6410.
Individual counseling, consultations and classroom presentations about substance abuse as well as other health education topics are available.
- Worried about a friend's drinking or drug use? [PDF]
- Read the complete university alcohol, drugs and hazing policy information [PDF]
- Request to Serve/Sell Alcoholic Beverages
LINKS TO INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES
- American Council for Drug Education
- Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Drug Prevention
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Alcohol (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
- Rethinking Drinking (National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)
- Alcohol & Health (National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- ESPAÑOL Spanish Speaking Meetings [PDF]
- Alcohol poisoning, alcohol facts at College Drinking
- Alcohol Consumption Quiz
- Binge Drinking
- Has smoking marijuana stopped being fun?
- Do you ever get high alone?
- Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana?
- Do you find that your friends are determined by your use of marijuana?
- Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your problems?
- Does your marijuana use let you life in your own privately defined world?
- Do you smoke marijuana to cope with your feelings?
- Have you ever failed to keep promises you have made about cutting down or controlling your marijuana smoking?
- Has your marijuana use caused problems with memory, concentration or motivation?
- When your marijuana supply is almost empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?
- Do you plan your day around your use of marijuana?
- Have your friends or family ever complained to you that your marijuana smoking is damaging your relationship with them?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, you may have a problem with marijuana. For more information, please contact counseling and health services at 978.542.6410.
- Marijuana Anonymous
- Marijuana: What you Need to Know
- Study finds brain changes in young marijuana users
- Heroin (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
- NIDA for Teens: The Science Behind Drug Abuse (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
- Drug Facts: Heroin (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
PRESCRIPTION DRUGS ABUSE
- What is prescription drugs abuse? (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
LINKS TO SELF-HELP RESOURCES AND RECOVERY WEBSITES
Oficina Intergrupal Hispana A.A. – ESPAÑOL Spanish Speaking Meetings [PDF]
375 Broadway Suite 209
Chelsea, MA 02150-2869
Recovery Web Sites:
- Addiction Tribe
- Let's Talk About Addiction.org
- “In the Rooms”: online social networking for recovery
- Rational Recovery Systems: a recovery program that is neither spiritually or psychologically based.
Massachusetts Substance Abuse Information and Education Helpline
The Massachusetts Substance Abuse Information and Education Helpline (1.800.327.5050) provides free and confidential information and referrals for alcohol and other drug abuse problems and related concerns. The helpline is committed to linking consumers with comprehensive, accurate, and current information about treatment and prevention services throughout Massachusetts. Services are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm. Language interpreters are always available.