About Information Security
The goal of the information security department is to protect our digital assets from cyber criminals and accidents where confidential information is disclosed to third parties. We accomplish such a challenging mission by following industry best practices in privacy and security. Further we enforce university policy and procedures by adhering to all state and federal regulations.
What does an Information Security department do?
- Promote the education and awareness of known threats.
- Regularly test computer systems and networks for security risks.
- Enforce and influence university-wide policy and procedures.
- Review network traffic and logs for signs of intrusion and compromise by malicious actors.
- Constantly plan and maintain incident response plans for known cyber attacks.
- Maintain an inventory of confidential information retained by the university.