The Center for Childhood and Youth Studies
The Salem State University Center for Child Studies (CCS) is designed to promote and protect the future of our nation's most precious natural resource - our children. The CCS is an interdisciplinary group of faculty members who are interested in the comprehensive study of child well-being, childhood and child welfare
Dr. Yvonne Vissing of the sociology department welcomes faculty interested in submitting information for this site to email her or call 978.542.6144.
You are invited to submit entries into the CCS. These entries will appear on the CCS website. Possible entries include current or past publications, grants, research projects, seminars, classes, practicums, internships, audio-visual work, or whatever other creative contribution you may have.
The Center for Child Studies activities was created in 1999 and now include:
- Undergraduate and Continuing Education Instructional Opportunities
- A Certificate in Child Studies
- Research Activities
- Policy and Leadership Initiatives
- Community Partnerships, Civic Engagement and Service Learning
- A Child and Youth University and Community Consortium