For Faculty and Staff
We are pleased to introduce Veterans on Campus, to help faculty and staff better understand the perspectives and unique needs and experiences of student veterans. This online, interactive training program uses virtual characters to practice responding to common challenges that arise on campus. In this 30-minute module, faculty and staff will learn (1) the unique value veterans bring to campus, (2) obstacles veterans may face in their pursuit of a college degree, (3) effective techniques for managing classroom discussions around topics thay may be sensitive to veterans, and (4) best practives for connecting student veternas with support.
Upon completing Veterans on Campus individuals will receive a Veteran Friendly designation to display, showing you have gone through the training.
Instructions for completing Veterans on Campus:
- Visit, https://www.kognitocampus.com/login
- Select "Create a New Account"
- Use your Salem State email address when creating your account
- Enter Enrollment Key: salemu
If you are interested in scheduling a one-on-one or group session, please contact veterans' affairs.
- Student Academic Support Services
- Academic Advising
- Disability Services
- Counseling and Health Services
- Math Lab
- Writing Center
- Accounting Lab
- Career Services
- Preschool Program
- Massachusetts Veterans’ Services
- Mass VetsAdvisor
- Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Massachusetts National Guard
- Statewide Advocacy for Veterans’ Empowerment (SAVE) and Welcome Home Guide
- Welcome Home Bonus
- Military Friends Foundation
Veteran Liasions on Campus
Financial Aid - Kevin Deruosi, firstname.lastname@example.org or 978.542.6008
Advising - Melissa Thayer, email@example.com or 978.542.7049
Student Financial Accounts - Wendy Knight, firstname.lastname@example.org or 978.542.6064
Disability Services - Joe Kelleher, email@example.com or 978.542.6217
Career Services - Joe Santacroce, firstname.lastname@example.org or 978.542.6406