Update Incorrect Information
What would you like to report:
Name, title, department, and office location data is taken directly from the Employee Management System (EMS). To make a change to this information you have two options:
If it is your own information that is incorrect, you may log in to WebTools to fix the data yourself.
- Go to http://webtools.salemstate.edu. Use your SSU Login as your username and password.
- Click on the My EMS Data link in the left-side menu
- Update the incorrect information (All changes must first be approved by HR)
- You can ask the supervisor of the employee to update the information in the Employee Management System (EMS)
If a phone number is incorrect, please fill out the following form.
First, let's make sure you're in the Employee Management System (EMS). Do you have a Salem State email address or SSU Login? If not, then you may not be in EMS. Ask your supervisor to enter you into EMS. After your supervisor adds you to EMS and you are approved by Human Resources, you will appear in the directory.
Certain personnel are not automatically listed in the directory, such as contractors, volunteers, and student employees.
If you believe you are already in EMS, you can ask us to look into the issue by filling out the "Additional Feedback or Question" form below.
Please be assured that the firstname.lastname email address is also correct. This convention is preferable for publishing for a couple of reasons:
- Fewer duplicate names - If Jane and John Smith both work for SSU, it's easier if the convention is jane.smith and john.smith than jsmith and jsmith2.
- No character limit - The username email address is limited to 14 characters. The firstname.lastname email address has no limit.
Unfortunately, there is not currently a way for people to choose which convention they prefer. The firstname.lastname is the convention that works best for all employees. It's also best if everyone sticks to the same convention.
Please use the space below to ask any questions you may have about the directory or provide us with some feedback as well.