The Council on Teaching & Learning is committed to recognizing and fostering excellence in teaching at Salem State College. The Council works to provide professional development opportunities that improve teaching effectiveness, promote student centered learning, and encourage innovation in the classroom. Drawing on the diverse expertise within and beyond the campus community, the Council provides multiple forums for dialog and interaction supporting the continuous improvement of teaching and learning.
- Pearls and Perils - an all day conference for faculty, staff, and administrators on teaching and learning issues
- Workshops- presentations and discussions on assigned topics relative to teaching and learning, generally led by experts within the Salem State Community
- Reading Circles - small group discussions of assigned books about teaching and learning
- Summer Grants - provides support to faculty and librarians in developing and testing pedagogical projects aimed at improving teaching and learning
- Mentor Program – an opportunity for first year faculty to be mentored one-on-one by experienced faculty members outside their departments