Information Technology Services
The information technology services (ITS) team at Salem State University is first a service-based organization, whether you're a student, faculty member or administrator, we're always ready with creative solutions for all your technology needs. We are dedicated to providing secure and reliable technologies that will help you make new connections and get the most out of the ones you already have.
Information Technology Offices
The main office for Information technology services and the office of the CIO are located on the second floor of the Stanley Building.
Spring Clean Up for Navigator
Information technology services (ITS) is pleased to announce a NEW NAVIGATOR for students coming this spring. Navigator is keeping its name but not its system. The new environment will have student-oriented tools and a streamlined format. Features like ‘Quick Links’ and ‘Trending Topics’ will make it easy to get to information fast. The new “To Do” list is a customized checklist that let’s each student know about any item that needs to be signed or completed. The new 'News & Events' section will keep students in touch with all campus activities.
| Students, check out what's new in Navigator [PDF]
In mid to late April the Salem State ITS department will be releasing a new faculty and staff portal that will replace the current Navigator system. The new portal will be released in phases and expanded over time, to incorporate functionality that will better serve the needs of the faculty and staff. The focus of the initial release will be to replace the functionality that currently is being hosted in the Navigator system. This functionality is composed of three categories: links to other campus systems, news and events announcements and some limited pieces of informational content.
- 'News and Events' will be prominently displayed on the landing page after signing into the system.
- Links to systems will be organized under a category titled “Launchpad.” Examples of systems that will be found in the Launchpad are:
- For Faculty: Faculty Center, View My Advisees, View My Weekly Schedule, eLearning – Canvas Login, etc...
- For Staff and Administration: Financial Services Home, Student Administration Home, MassHR – Time and Attendance, etc...
- Other content will be easily found by using a prominent search area, or by navigating through keywords to find the necessary content.
- Examples of content items that will be available initially at launch are the following: Academic Planning Documents, Committee Member Lists, Off-Campus Network Access, Vision and Strategic Plan, etc...
| Faculty/Staff, check out the new portal, Polaris [PDF]
Help Desk Services
The IT help desk staff are here to assist you in person, on the phone or via email.
- Self Service Support
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 978.542.2036
- Faculty laptop support
- Stanley Building, first floor
- Monday through Friday 8 am - 4 pm
- Student Laptop Support
- Located in Central Campus, Building One, off dining hall (behind the stairs)
- Monday - Thursday 9 am - 7 pm, Friday 9 am – 4 pm
- Software Library
- Email - Students
- Email - Faculty
- eLearning (Canvas)
- WebTools (EMS, Web Profile Editor, etc.)
Newsletter Container for Newsletter Blocks 27462
Created with flickr slideshow.