Debit Card Features
Three Accounts, One Card
"ClipperCash", "Dining Dollars", and "Printing Points"
- If you have a meal plan then your ClipperCard will have three debit accounts for your use, a ClipperCash, Dining Dollar, and Printing Point account.
- If you do not have a meal plan than you will only have two accounts, a ClipperCash and Printing Point account.
What is ClipperCash?
"ClipperCash" is a pre-paid debit account that can be used for purchases of products and services on and off campus wherever the ClipperCard is accepted. "ClipperCash" does not expire and will be rolled over by semester and academic year. To make a purchase, just present or swipe your card wherever the ClipperCard is accepted. It's that easy! The amount of your purchase will be automatically deducted from your ClipperCard.
What is a Dining Dollar?
As part of your existing Meal Plan (10, 14, or 19 Board Meal Plan, Resident Meal Plan, or Commuter Meal Plan) you will have an alloted amont of "Dining Dollars" per semester. These funds may be used at any Chartwells Food Service dining location to purchase food for yourself or a friend. When you present your card, the amount of your purchase will be deducted from your "Dining Dollars" Account. "Dining Dollars" roll over from the fall semester to the spring semester but will expire at the end of the academic year. (Also as part of your existing Meal Plan you will receive "ClipperCash" per semester.)
What is a Printing Point?
$5 worth of Printing Points are given to all registered students each semester at no additional charge. Printing Points can be used at print stations and applicable copy machines on campus. Printing Points are NOT Accepted at the Copy Center in Meier Hall.
- You MUST use a ClipperCard to access all printing privileges.
- Black and white prints are valued at 10¢, and color at 20¢.
- Black and white copies are 15¢.
- Printing at Commuter Lounge in Ellison Campus Center 15¢.
- Send a print job to the system, swipe your ClipperCard to print it, and collect the completed job.
It is that simple!
If you exceed your semester print allowance, you can use your ClipperCash.