Student Conduct and Mediation Programs
The Student Conduct and Mediation Programs office supports the development of ethical and responsible students and maintenance of a thriving learning environment by helping students learn the value of their rights and to realize the importance of their responsibility as members within the local and global community.
We achieve this mission by:
1. Responding to reports of violations under the Salem State University Student Conduct Code through the student conduct process.
2. Working and collaborating with other offices on campus.
In addition, through programs and training, this office will assist students to:
- Be informed decision makers
- Understand, respect and appreciate diversity
- Engage in and strengthen their communities
- Embrace the importance of giving as volunteers
- Develop and exhibit transferable lifelong career skills
- Seek out resources for learning and living that enhance their overall well-being
- Think critically, engaging in independent thought and action
- Work constructively with others
Student Conduct and Mediation
Ignorance of the university’s rules, regulations and policies regarding behavioral responsibilities is no excuse.