Federal College Work-Study Program

What YOU Need to Know…

  • The Federal College Work-Study Program (FCWS) provides jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need.
  • The Federal College Work-Study Program also encourages community service as well as work related to courses of study.
  • Federal Work-Study awards are based on the date of application, the level of need and the school's funding level.
  • You must apply for financial aid to be considered for work-study opportunities. The financial aid office is responsible for evaluating your funds and offering awards. U.S. citizens and permanent residents can apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • If you work off campus, it will usually be for a nonprofit organization or a public agency. Off-campus FCWS jobs must be in the public interest, such as community service posts that improve the quality of life for people (particularly low-income individual) or that solve problems related to their need.

Work Study Positions

Work Study Information