• As an alumnus of Salem State University you have access to all the services and programs offered by the Career Services office free of charge during your entire working career.
• We encourage you to begin by making an appointment with one of our staff members to evaluate your needs and how we best can assist you.
• The 40,000+ Salem State alumni living in Massachusetts are a great network for you to cultivate for your job search. Contact Alumni Affairs to get more alumni information.
The programs and services offered by the career services office are as follows:
• Individual career counseling sessions available by appointment.
• Counseling includes assistance with finding or changing your major, internships, graduate school, or preparing for your job search.
• Contact career services email@example.com or 978.542.6406 to schedule an appointment.
• Workshops are a terrific way to prepare for a competitive job market.
• Topics range from choosing a major, job search strategies, resume writing, interview preparation, and applying to graduate school.
• Click on News and Events for a current events schedule.
• Offers all the aspects of career preparation in a packaged program of activities.
• Our program pilot starts in the spring 2013 semester with a full launch this fall.
Resume and Cover Letter Critiques
• These are 15-minute sessions available on a first-come, first-served basis to give you feedback on your resume and cover letters.
• Critiques are available at our office anytime during walk-in hours:
Mondays from 2-4 pm
Tuesdays from 10 am-12 pm and 5-7 pm
Wednesdays from 10 am-12 pm
Thursdays from 2-4 pm and 6-7 pm
• You've attended a workshop or met with a counselor to discuss how to prepare for an interview.
• You've practiced questions and now are ready for a trial run.
• Schedule an appointment with a counselor for a video-taped mock interview and fine tune your presentation.
• Job listings arrive on an on-going basis and are available in CSO/Career Services Online.
• These are positions that specifically have been listed with Salem State.
• Job listings also are available by subscription and on external job boards. To access these additional job listings click on Job Listings.
NOTE: Job and internship listings on public websites are not reviewed by Career Services.
• If you are student or alumn you are eligible to interview with employers through our On-campus Recruiting Program.
• Click on On-campus Recruiting for more information.
• Career Services spring job fair is the key event for general recruiting on campus. Dozens of companies from a variety of fields participate.
• Click here for details about the spring Career Fair.
• Also, plans are underway for a Career Fair during the 2013 fall semester!
Career Services Resource Center
• The Career Services Resource Center at 105 Ellison provides printed and computer-accessed information for you on occupations, job search resources, directories as well as job and internship listings. Videos, CD ROMs, and Internet access (career-related research only) also are available.