- As an alumnus of Salem State University you have access to all the services and programs offered by the career services office free of charge during your entire working career.
- We encourage you to begin by making an appointment with one of our staff members to evaluate your needs and how we best can assist you.
- The 40,000+ Salem State alumni living in Massachusetts are a great network for you to cultivate for your job search. Contact alumni affairs to get more alumni information.
The programs and services offered by the career services office are as follows:
- Individual career counseling sessions available by appointment. Contact career services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978.542.6406.
- Workshops are a terrific way to prepare for a competitive job market
- View our news and events or CSO for a current schedule.
- One credit pass/fail career development class offer through career services. Contact us for dates and times, email@example.com
- If you are not interested in taking the class for credit, you can drop in and participate in any class.
Resume and Cover Letter Critiques
Visit career services to participate in 15-minute sessions available on a first-come, first-served basis to give you feedback on your resume and cover letters. Critiques are available at our office anytime during walk-in hours, check our homepage for dates and times.
- You've attended a workshop or met with a counselor to discuss how to prepare for an interview.
- You've practiced questions and now are ready for a trial run.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor for mock interview or use InterviewStream on CSO to fine tune your presentation.
Career Services Resource Center
- The Career Services Resource Center at 105 Ellison Campus Center has computers and a printer for students and alumni to use in their career exploration , and job and internship search. We provide computer-accessed information for you on occupations, job search resources, directories as well as job and internship listings.