Undergraduate and Graduate Students
It’s not easy to figure out what to do after you finish your undergraduate or graduate education. We help you every step along the way with personalized counseling and a variety of programs.
Career services can put you in touch with employers to learn about different fields and what it’s like to work in various professions. If you are a graduate student, we can help you with your post-graduation plans.
Our services are available to you for free throughout your working life.
The programs and services offered by the career services office are as follows:
• Assistance with finding or changing your major, internships, graduate school, or preparing for your job search.
• Individual career counseling sessions available by appointment. Contact career services at email@example.com or 978.542.6406.
Workshops• Workshops are a terrific way to prepare for a competitive job market
• Topics range from choosing a major, job search strategies, resume writing, interview preparation, and applying to graduate school.
• View our News and Events for a current schedule.
• Offers all the aspects of career preparation in a packaged program of activities.
• Our pilot program is this spring 2013 semester, with a full launch this fall.
Resume and Cover Letter CritiquesIn the career services office:
• These are 15-minute sessions available on a first-come, first-served basis to give you feedback on your resume and cover letters.
• Critiques are available at our office anytime during walk-in hours, Mondays 2-4 pm, Tuesdays 10 am -12 pm and 5-7 pm, Wednesdays 10 am-12 pm, and Thursdays 2-4 pm and 6-7 pm.
In the Graduate School Office:
• Resume critiques and walk-ins Thursdays from 5-6 pm
• You've attended a workshop or met with a counselor to discuss how to prepare for an interview.
• You've practiced questions and now are ready for a trial run.
• Schedule an appointment with a counselor for a video-taped mock interview and fine tune your presentation.
Job Listings• Job listings arrive on an on-going basis and are available in CSO/Career Services Online.
• These are positions that specifically have been listed with Salem State.
• Job listings also are available by subscription and on external job boards. To access these additional job listings click on Job Listings.
NOTE: Job and internship listings on public websites are not reviewed by career services.
• If you are student or alumn you are eligible to interview with employers through our on-campus recruiting program.
• Click on on-campus recruiting for more information.
• Career services spring job fair is the key event for general recruiting on campus. Dozens of companies from a variety of fields participate.
• Also, plans are underway for a career fair during the 2013 fall semester!
Career Services Resource Center
• The Career Services Resource Center at 105 Ellison Campus Center provides printed and computer-accessed information for you on occupations, job search resources, directories as well as job and internship listings. Videos, CD ROMs, and Internet access (career-related research only) also are available.