First Year Advisory Board
The first year advisory board (FAB) is an easy way for first year students to get involved at Salem State University in a fun and simple way during their first year. Founded in 2012, the first year advisory board actively looks for feedback from first year students in how to improve their experience at the university. Anyone can become a member of FAB, and since first year students are busy being involved with a lot during their first year there aren't an overwhelming number of meetings or events when serving on the board. FAB members help:
- coordinate and promote social and community service programs
- provide feedback to the university administration on critical issues related to first year students
- recognize administration, faculty, and staff for their outstanding support of first year students
To find out more information, or to sign up to be a part of FAB, like "FAB First Year Advisory Board" on Facebook. FAB representatives will be at orientation to answer any questions you may have.
- Every other Thursday from 4:30 - 5:30 pm in the Hummer Room/Marsh 120B. For more information contact the FAB advisors
FAB 2014-2015 Coordinating Board
First year students have the opportunity to take on leadership positions within FAB - attend the first meeting of the semester to find out what the various positions entail and how you can get involved.
- Ashley Boucher, executive coordinator
- Kathryn McCarthy, coordinator of marketing and social media
- Megan Rauseo, coordinator of feedback and co-coordinator of social programs
- Vicky Sobotka, coordinator of community service programs and co-coordinator of social programs
Past FAB events:
Thursday, October 9: Join FAB in Marsh 210 at 7:30 pm for an ice cream social. Make your own inspirational vision board - what do you want to accomplish this year? What will motivate you to achieve your goals? Come make a vision board to inspire you towards greater success!
Saturday, October 18: FAB will be coordinating a table in downtown Salem, selling Halloween novelties to raise money for the Boys & Girls Club of Salem. Join us for an hour or for the day...lunch will be provided.
Tuesday, December 9: Join us for our Holiday Event! Come to Marsh 210 at 6:30 pm to make a candy sleigh. Take a break from studying to enjoy some holiday cookies, hot chocolate, coffee, tea and more!