First Year Advisory Board
The first-year advisory board (FAB) is an easy way for first year students to get involved at Salem State University in a fun and simple way during their first year. Founded in 2012, the first-year advisory board actively looks for feedback from first year students in how to improve their experience at the university. Anyone can become a member of FAB, and since first year students are busy being involved with a lot during their first year there aren't an overwhelming number of meetings or events when serving on the board. FAB members help:
- coordinate and promote social and community service programs
- provide feedback to the university administration on critical issues related to first year students
- recognize administration, faculty, and staff for their outstanding support of first year students
To find out more information, or to sign up to be a part of FAB, like "FAB First-Year Advisory Board" on Facebook. FAB representatives will be at orientation to answer any questions you may have.
JOIN US AT AN EVENT!
Wednesday September 14 at 5 pm: Kick-Off Nacho Night, Marsh 210
Wednesday September 28 at 6 pm: Vision Board and Brownies Night, Viking 123
Wednesday October 12 at 6 pm: Pre-Halloween Party, Upper Level North Campus Dining
Wednesday November 16 at 6 pm: Game Night, Underground in the Campus Center
Wednesday December 7 at 6 pm: Service Project - help us make holiday suncatchers for local nursing homes, Viking 123
FAB 2016-2017 Coordinating Board
First year students have the opportunity to take on leadership positions within FAB - attend the first meeting of the semester to find out what the various positions entail and how you can get involved.
- Executive coordinator
- Coordinator of marketing and social media
- Coordinator of feedback and co-coordinator of social programs
- Coordinator of community service programs and co-coordinator of social programs