First Year Advisory Board
The first year advisory board (FAB) is an easy way for first year students to get involved at Salem State University in a fun and simple way during their first year. Founded in 2012, the First-Year Advisory Board actively looks for feedback from first year students in how to improve their experience at the university. Anyone can become a member of FAB, and since first year students are busy being involved with a lot during their first year there aren't an overwhelming number of meetings or events when serving on the board. FAB members help:
- coordinate and promote social and community service programs
- provide feedback to the university administration on critical issues related to first year students
- recognize administration, faculty, and staff for their outstanding support of first year students
To find out more information, or to sign up to be a part of FAB, like "FAB First Year Advisory Board" on Facebook. FAB representatives will be at orientation to answer any questions you may have.
- The first meeting of the semester will be held on Wednesday, September 16 at 4 pm in the MLK Room, Campus Center. For more information, contact the FAB advisors.
FAB 2015-2016 Coordinating Board
First year students have the opportunity to take on leadership positions within FAB - attend the first meeting of the semester to find out what the various positions entail and how you can get involved.
- Executive coordinator
- Coordinator of marketing and social media
- Coordinator of feedback and co-coordinator of social programs
- Coordinator of community service programs and co-coordinator of social programs
Upcoming FAB events:
Thursday, November 19th, FAB will be hosting a "Giving Back for Thanksgiving" event. Attendees will help paint sun-catchers to be donated to a local nursing home while they play trivia and enjoy pizza and refreshments. The event starts at 4pm in the Underground room of Ellison Campus Center.