First Year Advisory Board
The first year advisory board (FAB) is an easy way for first year students to get involved at Salem State University in a fun and simple way during their first year. Founded in 2012, the First-Year Advisory Board actively looks for feedback from first year students in how to improve their experience at the university. Anyone can become a member of FAB, and since first year students are busy being involved with a lot during their first year there aren't an overwhelming number of meetings or events when serving on the board. FAB members help:
- coordinate and promote social and community service programs
- provide feedback to the university administration on critical issues related to first year students
- recognize administration, faculty, and staff for their outstanding support of first year students
To find out more information, or to sign up to be a part of FAB, like "FAB First Year Advisory Board" on Facebook. FAB representatives will be at orientation to answer any questions you may have.
- FAB will be kicking off its Spring 2016 programming with a RAK: Random Act of Kindness. If you would like to be involved, contact the FAB advisors.
- Our first formal meeting of the semester will be on Thursday, March 24 at 4pm in the MLK room of Ellison Campus Center. More details will be released through our social media.
FAB 2015-2016 Coordinating Board
First year students have the opportunity to take on leadership positions within FAB - attend the first meeting of the semester to find out what the various positions entail and how you can get involved.
- Executive coordinator
- Coordinator of marketing and social media
- Coordinator of feedback and co-coordinator of social programs
- Coordinator of community service programs and co-coordinator of social programs