Board Member Nomination Information
“Lead and Serve"
The nomination committee is currently seeking interested alumni to fill vacancies on the board of directors. We are actively recruiting alumni who reflect the values of Salem State University. Our board members inspire and motivate one another to become successful visionaries for the university's future. We wish to create lasting emotional bonds while building trusting relationships and a strong connection among our alumni, students, faculty, and university community.
Who are our board members?
- Alumna/nus who has pride in his/her alma mater
- Someone who is action oriented and focused
- Individual who is confident and articulate
- Someone who is enthusiastic and motivated
- An individual who is unbiased and clear thinking
- Someone who shows willingness to be open and impartial to new ideas
- An individual who embraces diversity which better represents the 55,000 alumni and 10,000 student population
- Someone who can work effectively and collaboratively in both small and large groups
- Members are expected to attend meetings regularly
- Serve as an ambassador to the university
- Promote the university to fellow alumni, friends, and future students
- Present an infusion of new ideas to the alumni association
- Contribute to the strategic plan for the university
- Contribute financially within your means to the annual fund
Nomination deadline is April 1, 2016
Nominations Committee Members
- Linda A. Brown '02, '04G
- Andrea Liftman '75
- Dr. Jo-Anne Murphy '77G
- Gary M. Roach '80