Educator Hall of Fame Awards
Salem State University Northeast Regional Educators Hall of Fame
Established in 2013, the mission of the Salem State University Northeast Regional Educators Hall of Fame is to honor and recognize exemplary leaders, past and present, in the field of education for their dedication, contributions and service to their profession. This program serves as a record and inspiration for the next generation of educators.
About the Program
The Salem State University Northeast Regional Educators Hall of Fame is administered through the Salem State School of Education and Friends of Education Alumni Board. The selection of Hall of Fame honorees from nominees is the responsibility of the Hall of Fame committee composed of five faculty and staff individuals from the School of Education and five individuals from the Friends of Education Alumni Board.
Salem State University hosts an annual ceremony recognizing the chosen inductees and nominees. A plaque of recognition is displayed in Alumni House on Upper South Campus.
All recipients are required to be in attendance at the Hall of Fame induction celebration.
- Dr. Edna Mauriello '44 Lifetime Achievement Award
Criteria: 20+ years in the field of education; promotion of mission through work in education in any capacity. Demonstrated leadership and made significant contributions to their respective school district, college/university or organization.
- Rising Star Award
Criteria: 3-10 years as an educator; promotion of mission through work in education in any capacity. Demonstrated early evidence of significant contributions to respective school district, college/university or organization.
- Salem State Alumni Award
Criteria: Graduate of Salem State University (undergraduate or graduate degree); Exemplar of her/his alma mater who has demonstrated the best practices of Salem State University.
- Northeast Region Educator Award
Criteria: Promotion of mission through work in education in any capacity within the Northeast Region. Demonstrated leadership and made significant contributions to their respective school district, college/university or organization.
Award CriteriaEach candidate for an award must:
- Be engaged in and dedicated to the field of education
- Demonstrate the best practices within nominee's field
- Demonstrate consistent, inspirational service within educational communities
- Demonstrate leadership and/or civic engagement
- Inspire collaboration and model professionalism
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders
The cities/towns included are as follows:
Lowell Regional VocTech
Nashoba Valley Regional VocTech
Click here to access our nomination form. Along with the completing an electronic nomination form, please supply the following required materials.
- Reference Letter(s): Please provide 2 letters from supervisor(s), colleagues, parents, or students for this individual in support of your nomination. Please note only one letter is required for the Rising Star category.
- Resume: Please provide the nominee's resume.
- Include any other information you believe is pertinent such as special projects, newspaper articles, accomplishments, publications, and evidence of community involvement.
Please mail/email to:
Salem State University
Alumni Affairs Office
352 Lafayette Street
Salem, MA 01970
Each nominee, who has fully completed the application process, will be reviewed by Hall of Fame Committee members. Potential recipients may go through a face-to-face interview process. Inductees will then be selected and notified.
If you have any questions on the nomination process or about the program itself, please email email@example.com
Past Award Winners
Rising Star Award
2013: Ariana Koustas
2015: Eliaquin Gonell '09, '15G
Salem State Alumni Award
2013: Mary Ann Grassia '92
2015:Anthony Pierantozzi '97G
Northeast Region Educator Award
2013: Seith Bedard
2015: Scott Morrison '94, '99G
Dr. Edna Mauriello '44 Lifetime Achievement Award
2013: Joseph Picano '96G
2015: Ellen Rintell