New Student Information

group table

Getting your card:
All students will get their first card for free at the ClipperCard office as part of your orientation. You will need a government issued photo ID (license, state ID and passport are all accepted). A replacement card is $25.


Upload ClipperCard Photo:
You can submit a photo for your ClipperCard online by logging onto (sign in using your Navigator login)  Visit Upload ClipperCard Photo and review the guidelines and make sure your picture will be appropriate.

Meal plans:
A Commuter meal plan is mandatory for all first year day commuting students at Salem State University and students are automatically enrolled in the commuter meal plan every semester when enrolled in 12 credits or more. After the first year, students may drop the plan by contacting the ClipperCard office or the Bursar. This must be done before the deadline at the start of each semester.
All students living on campus are required to have a meal plan, which is determined by where they live on campus. Please click here for more student meal plan information and details.

Resident student meal plans vary depending on where you are living on campus. Please click here to determine what meal plan you will be given when you arrive, and how to upgrade if you wish to do so. Night students and graduate students will not have a meal plan but may add ClipperCash to their cards anytime.

Where can you use your card:
Your ClipperCard can be used to make purchases both on campus and off campus. We also offer a discount page where you can save money just for being a student at Salem State University.

Adding to your card:

  • All students are able to add ClipperCash to their cards. ClipperCash can be used anywhere the card is accepted. To add ClipperCash to your card visit and sign in using your Navigator login information.
  • Parents can also add ClipperCash to your account by visiting, they will need your student ID number.
  • Low on ClipperCash? Request ClipperCash to be added on your card by sending a request with Get Funds. Simply visit sign in and on the right hand side of the page fill out the "Ask for ClipperCash" section. Your request will be sent with a link to deposit into your account.

Click here to find out more about adding funds to your card.

Lost cards:
If your card is lost or stolen your card can be placed on "Lost" status by logging on to Be sure to report your card lost the minute you realize it is not in your possession because you are responsible for all charges made with your card.
When/if you find your card you can also report it "Found."