Next Class: None scheduled at this time. Please check back during the summer.
Classes are from 6-9 pm in the Harrington Building gym on South Campus. Each class is four days long and attendance at all four dates are required to complete class.
The Rape Aggression Defense System (RAD) is a program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques. The Rape Aggression Defense System is dedicated to teaching women defensive concepts and techniques against various types of assaults, by utilizing easy, effective and proven self-defense/martial arts tactics. Our system of realistic defense will provide a woman with the knowledge to make an educated decision about resistance.
We operate on the premise that a spontaneous violent attack will stimulate a natural desire to resist, on the part of the victim. We educate women about the "fight or flight syndrome," while showing them that enhancing their option of physical defense is not only prudent, but necessity if natural resistance is to be effective. Safety and survival in today's world requires a definite course of action. We provide effective options by teaching women to take an active role in their own self-defense and psychological well being.
The national standard in self defense instructor certification, RAD is internationally recognized for programming quality and organizational commitment to excellence. RAD Systems balances the needs of women to acquire self defense education in a relatively short period of time, with the life long commitment required for physical skill mastery. How? By providing short term training opportunities in a progressive building block format, and combining each with RAD's trademark lifetime return and practice policy. Only a unified, extensive network can provide this service, honored nationwide and throughout Canada. While other programs and/or instructors struggle to keep pace, RAD instructors share life saving information with confidence, knowing that their lessons will be continuously reinforced for a lifetime!
- RAD is the largest network of its kind with over 7,000 instructors receiving training in our systems to date. These instructors teach at various colleges, universities and municipal law enforcement agencies as well as various other community organizations internationally.
- RAD has trained more than 300,000 women since the program began in 1989.
- RAD is the only existing program with a free lifetime return and practice policy, honored throughout both the US and Canada.
- RAD has developed specialized simulation techniques and equipment for use by certified RAD instructors.
- RAD is the only self defense program ever endorsed by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).